Which backpack is best for your trip?
When it comes to travel backpacks, one size does not fit all. Choosing a backpack that’s just right for your trip is key. First ask, how long will you be gone? - a bag that’s perfect for a day trip won’t be able to handle an overnight stay. Here’s where we break down which Chrome backpack is best for your 12-, 24-, and 48-hour getaway.
12 HOUR TRIP
For a day trip, you need quick and easy access to your essentials, but what’s essential for each trip is unique. So, all of our 12-hour backpacks were designed to be versatile.
URBAN EX BACKPACK (20 LITERS)
Why is the Urban Ex good for 12 hour trips?
- Completely waterproof
- Padded laptop sleeve fits 15" Macbook Pro
- Ergonomic straps with yoke for load distribution - you can walk all day with this backpack
- U-Lock holder and internal organization for easy access to phone, wallet and anything else you need
BARRAGE CARGO BACKPACK (18 - 22 LITERS)
Why is the Barrage Cargo good for 12 hour trips?
- Interior sleeve fits up to a 15.4” Macbook Pro
- Easy access side U-Lock holder and water bottle pockets
- Front cargo net to access your items without opening the bag
Honorable Mention - If you’re a photographer, our camera backpack is your go-to for a day shoot. Fully-featured and water-resistant — it’s ready for weeks on the road or a quick spin around town.
24 HOUR TRIP
For an overnight trip, storage and accessibility are crucial, so you need a backpack that can hold all your gear, but is still easy to carry.
BRAVO 3.0 BACKPACK (35 LITERS)
Why is the Bravo 3.0 good for 24 hour trips?
- Removable tote liner for grabbing just what you need and storing the rest
- Cross-strap system to attach just about anything else you need to carry
BARRAGE FREIGHT BACKPACK (34 - 38 LITERS)
Why is the Barrage Freight good for 24 hour trips?
- Has all the features of the popular Barrage Cargo, with almost 2x the capacity
48 HOUR TRIP
For a weekender, you will need a bag that has plenty of room and can store your stuff safely. The Warsaw is one of our largest options, but it’s just as comfortable as its smaller cousins.
WARSAW 2.0 BACKPACK (55 LITERS)
Why is the Warsaw 2.0 good for 48 hour trips?
- Load management system for comfy carrying
- Easy access tool, document & organizer pockets
WHY CHROME BACKPACKS FOR TRAVELING?
All of our up-for-anything backpacks are water-resistant, and some are completely waterproof—so they’re resilient in most climates.
They’re also built with an abrasion-resistant nylon shell and ergonomic shoulder straps, so store or carry, they can put up with a lot of punishment and still look great. And if they don’t, every Chrome backpack has a lifetime warranty.